07.14.12_Warm Toast with Honey Butter and Sea Salt

Ok so this post is probably unnecessary but I feel a need to share this new obsession of ours with the world. For my birthday we went to Estadio, a local Spanish tapas restaurant for brunch. One of the options was Warm Toast with Local Honey Butter & Sea Salt. It was honestly one of the best things I have ever eaten for brunch. So simple, yet ridiculously delicious. I have been raving about this to our friends ever since and decided that I needed to recreate this at home. It is just as easy as you would imagine. I soften half a stick of butter then use my hand mixer to mix in 1-1.5 TBSP honey into the butter. I then let the butter reset for a few minutes in the fridge or the freezer (depending on how much of a rush I'm in) and then serve the butter with toast made out of good, crusty bread, and sprinkle the top with coarse sea salt. So. Good. We have now made this 3-4 times and served it the other weekend when my old roommate Liz and our friend Christina came over for brunch. Even with quiche, fruit, and mimosas on the table, the toast with honey butter and sea salt was still by far my favorite thing. 


Toast with Honey Butter and Sea Salt
Serves 4-6

  • 1/2 a stick butter
  • 1-1.5 TBSP Honey
  • Coarse sea salt
1. Soften the butter by letting it sit out or by popping it into the microwave for about 20 seconds.
2. Add the honey and use a hand mixer to get the honey completely incorporated into the butter.
3. Put the honey butter into the fridge or freezer to reset while you make the toast.
4. Spread the butter onto the hot toast and sprinkle with the coarse sea salt. Become addicted.

No comments: