01.13.12_Roasted Chickpea Fajitas


I don't know if all vegetarians eat a lot of chickpeas, or if it's just us. I feel like chickpeas have been the most repeated ingredient in our blog. Maybe it's just because we both like them. Who knows. Regardless, I found a recipe for Roasted Chickpea Fajitas and added to the list of things to try.

Super simple as always, all we had to do was mix together:

2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons water
1 (15 oz.) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed

Then we put the chickpeas into a 400° oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through. While the chickpeas were roasting, I sauteed onion, garlic, and two bell peppers (we used orange and yellow) in some EVOO. After a couple of minutes I added in another mixture that consisted of the following:

1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
Juice of 1 large lime
1/3 cup chopped cilantro


After the chickpeas were done roasting, I added them to the veggie mixture, tossed everything together, and dinner was ready! We served the fajitas with veggie refried beans and also a boxed Mexican rice mixture. I topped my fajita was sour cream, cheese, avocado and salsa. The fajitas were super filling and I didn't miss the meat!

No comments: