08.06.11_Dad's Birthday

Last Monday was my Dad's birthday. To celebrate we bought tickets to go sailing up in Annapolis for a sunset sail. My colleagues and I had gone a few weeks back and it was amazing. We had perfect weather, saw the sunset over the bay, and then went out to dinner afterward. Sadly the weather was anything but perfect for our trip on Saturday. We ended up having a memorable trip to say the least, full of crashing waves, rain, and the boat feeling like it was going to capsize and throw all of the passengers overboard.

Me and my mom, scared out of our minds...before the boat had even left the dock!

Prior to getting on the boat we went out to dinner. We were going to go to a restaurant right at the dock but when we got there they told us there power had gone out and they were no longer seating tables. We decided to wander down to the main drag of Annapolis and found Middleton Tavern. It was right by the water and had outdoor seating so we went in. This was my first time eating out this month since Phillip and I have been cooking every night and making sure that we cook enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day at work. I've always been somewhat aware of the lack of vegetarian options at restaurants (especially now that Caitlin has gone vegan) but it is completely different when it affects you directly. The restaurant had a total of one vegetarian entree. Luckily it sounded good to me, Tagliarini in a lemon butter sauce. We also ordered a vegetarian appetizer of macadamia nut-encrusted goat cheese with a mango salsa and soy glaze. So good. Sadly, the pasta underwhelmed and came out overcooked. Needless to say, watching my family eat their rockfish and steak was harder than expected. The rest of my family loved their food so if you are ever in Annapolis and not a vegetarian I would still recommend Middleton Tavern.
Me and my sister, Rachel, attempting to stay dry. Fail.

No comments: